Community Information and Resources
Nestled within the rolling hills of Texas Forest Country, Nacogdoches offers Southern hospitality mixed with a rich history and a moderate climate. With a population of 33,000 and a median age of 30.6, Nacogdoches is the kind of community where you can grow a business, pursue a meaningful career, and raise a family all at the same time. Escape the high costs of living and operating a business in the big city and experience how life and work intersect just two hours north of Houston on US-59.
- Nacogdoches was dubbed the #1 Small City in Texas by Cities Journal
- Nacogdoches is the first official town in Texas, earning the nickname of "The Oldest Town in Texas."
- Hometown of U.S.A Soccer Team Captain Clint Dempsey
- Nacogdoches was named one of the 100 Best Communities for Young People by Americas Promise Alliance
- With a median age of 30.6, 25.1 % of residents have a College Degree (BA/BS)
- Nacogdoches County is ranked 9th in Texas Agricultural Production
- Stephen F. Austin State University is known for the Lumberjack Basketball, four-time Southland Conference Champions.
Area Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development
Nacogdoches Economic Development Corporation
Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce
Nacogdoches Main Street
Nacogdoches Convention & Visitors Bureau
Nacogdoches County Board of Realtors
The Fredonia Hotel and Convention Center
Stephen F. Austin State University