Mother & Newborn Maternity Services
At Nacogdoches Medical Center, we believe that having a baby should be a joyful and memorable experience. Every year, our hospital is proud to welcome so many new lives into the world, helping them take their very first breath and develop a bond with their families that will last a lifetime.
To start your journey, NMC offers a series of informative childbirth classes for expectant parents throughout the year. Call (866) 697-5864 to register for this 4-week series.
Whether this is your first or you're growing your family, it is a time rich with anticipation and planning.
- During these most precious moments, you can feel confident knowing that NMC is equipped with an 8-bed Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) that is capable of caring for critically-ill newborns and premature babies born after 32 weeks.
- Our comprehensive team of obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists and medical staff has the training and experience to guide you through the labor and delivery process in a safe, calming, and nurturing environment.
Level II NICU’s have the equipment and medical staff capable of providing care for newborns with the following conditions:
- Newborns incapable of staying warm on their own and need to be placed in an incubator.
- Newborns unable to eat well and need Naso gastric (NG) or Oro gastic (OG) feeds.
- Those with health problems related to prematurity, such as jaundice apnea of prematurity, anemia, bradycardia, hydrocephalus, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, interventricular hemorrhage, necrotizing enterocolitis and respiratory distress syndrome.
We offer a comprehensive range of obstetrical services, including:
- Vaginal deliveries
- Cesarean sections
- Tubal ligations
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Fetal monitoring (inpatient and outpatient)
- Maternal and fetal observations
- IV hydration and medication
- Induction of labor
- Maternal and newborn care
Our accommodations and patient support services include:
- Private labor, delivery and recovery room, a bathroom, shower, adjustable bed, and a couch or reclining chair for your labor partner
- Educational program that provides child birthing and parenting education classes
- Level II Neonatal Intensive care Unit (NICU)
- Breastfeeding education and assistance by specially trained nursing staff that can provide care and support during your hospital stay. Lactation Consultants available by consultation.
Voted “Best Place to Have a Baby”
The Women’s Center at Nacogdoches Medical Center is the proud recipient of 5-Star Patient Satisfaction Recognition, which is why we have been voted “Best Place to Have a Baby” by readers of The Daily Sentinel in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Take the Next Step!Sign up for the 4-week informational series of childbirth classes
at NMC for expectant parents throughout the year.
Call (866) 697-5864 to register for a tour of our Maternity Care Center today!