Thank you for choosing Nacogdoches Medical Center for your healthcare needs. It is our privilege to care for you during your stay with us. To provide our patients and their loved ones with peace of mind during hospital visits, we have established COVID SAFE standards, which include heightened infection prevention processes, training, testing and use of personal protective (PPE).
As patients and visitors enter the hospital, they will be screened for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms, including fever or respiratory symptoms. If visitors are found to have symptoms, the hospital will not allow them to visit.
At this time, we are allowing visitation hours from 9:00am to 9:00pm and only allowing two (2) designated visitors who are 18 years of age or older. The visitors will be designated at the beginning of the hospitalization and will remain the designee for the entire stay. These visitors will be issued a green armband. Please communicate this with your loved ones who may want to visit.
There will be limited visitation allowed for a patient in a COVID Patient Care area.
Please do not hesitate to speak to a member of our care team or a nursing supervisor who can help address any of your questions or concerns. We are committed to keeping our patients, our staff and our community safe. Thank you for choosing Nacogdoches Medical Center. It is our pleasure to serve you.
For the safety of all patients and employees, NMC will be limiting visitation privileges until further notice
Visitor Risk Screening
- All visitors will be required to be screened for exposure to COVID, signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and respiratory symptoms.
- Only visitors who pass health-screening criteria will be permitted.
- Limited of 2 visitors per patient, age 18 years or older. The visitors will be designated at the beginning of hospitalization and will remain the designee for the entire stay. One adult visitor may stay overnight if patient’s condition warrants (Note: Excluding patients in COVID care units).
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask at all times and remain in the patient’s room.
- Surgery/Procedure Patients- One designated visitor can escort the patient to registration and remain in the designated waiting rooms/lobbies during the patient’s procedure.
- Due to space limitations there will be no visitors allowed for patients receiving outpatient services. (Accommodations will be made for those requiring assistance).
Pediatric Visitation Policy
- Pediatric & NICU Patients - TWO ID banded parents can remain with the patient.
- Pediatric Parents can remain with their child at all times.
The Following Visitors Will Not Be Permitted
- Children under the age of 18
Restrictions for Hospital Entry/Exit
We are limiting hospital entry points to facilitate employee, physician, visitor and vendor screening and community safety.
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.